From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: New memory leak with Sybase::CTlib/DBlib
Date: Nov 26 2002 7:17PM

I've just discovered a memory leak in Sybase::CTlib's ct_fetch() and
Sybase::DBlib's dbnextrow() routines.

This leak will *only* show up if you use the option to return a
reference to a static array (or hash). For example

   while(my $d = $dbh->ct_fetch($type, CS_TRUE)) {

will leak. If you do NOT use the two argument version of ct_fetch() or
dbnextrow() then you are NOT affected.

The Sybase::Simple module *is* affected, because it uses this feature -
as this supposedly moves less data around it makes fetches faster, so I
used it.

Anyway - this is logged at http://www.peppler.org/cgi-bin/bug.cgi as
bugs 479 and 480 (sybperl and Sybase::Simple, respectively).

I don't know when I'll be able to get this fixed.