From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: sybperl & freetds
Date: Nov 22 2002 4:18PM

On Fri, 2002-11-22 at 06:55, Andy Ford wrote:
> I am trying to install sybase perl so i can directly access a &
> Micromuse Netcool object server using DBI.

Err - if you want to use DBI you should be installing DBD::Sybase, not
sybperl.

>  While installing it &
> against FreeTDS I get the following errors... &

> CTlib.xs: In function `initialize': &
> CTlib.xs:2010: `CS_COMPLETION_CB' undeclared (first use in this &
> function) &

You should either get an older version of sybperl (2.13 would probably
be OK) or get the latest CVS snapshot of FreeTDS.

> Ignoring these errors, (after seeing similar issues a MAC) &
> user had in the SYBPERL-L mailing list, I installed and used &
> the module with the following result... &
>
> DB-Library error: &
>         Login incorrect. &
> Operating-system error: &
>         OpenClient &
> DB-Library: Login incorrect. &

This usually means that the username/password you entered was not valid
to connect to the NCOMS server.