From: "Gravatt, John" <GravJo at ncs dot com>
Subject: RE: sybperl on Red Hat Linux 8.0
Date: Nov 5 2002 4:19PM

What I would recommend is get the latest source for perl from CPAN and build
it in a new filesystem such as /opt.  You will end up with two versions of
perl, but things are less likely to break the next time you upgrade redhat.
If you don't want to modify your existing perl code to look in /opt you can
always symlink to it from /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin.