From: =?iso-8859-1?B?UmFnbmFyIFdpc2z4ZmY=?= <ragnar at wisloff dot no>
Subject: sybperl on Red Hat Linux 8.0
Date: Nov 5 2002 12:44PM

Hi,

Perhaps this is a perl issue more than sybperl, but i'll venture a
question anyway.

I'm struggling to get perl configured so that sybperl will work.
Ideally I would like to be able to recompile the perl rpm. But I'm
seeing the same problem even if I compile perl from source.

Perl is v. 5.8.0.

I've tried this:

$ ./Configure -ders -Dlibs="-lnsl -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lc -lcrypt"
-Dprefix=/usr
$ make
$./perl -V:libs

But the -ldb shows up. Even if I edit the config.sh file and
remove ndbm and db from the libswanted  line I still get the same.

In the perl.spec file in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS I have tried a lot
of settings, but if it does compile and produce rpms, the unwanted
libs still show up.

So I have three questions:

Anyone know what settings must be changed in the
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/perl.spec file?

Have anyone actually made rpms for i386 for RHL 8.0 and are
willing to share?

What is the correct full Configure line to give to a pristine
source code build of perl to make it fit into the Red Hat Linux
file locations for perl?

I'm starting to think that it's not possible to get this working,
please tell me otherwise :-/

Best regards,

--
Ragnar Wisl°ff