From: "Omidiran, Ola" <ola dot omidiran at uk dot fid-intl dot com>
Subject: Problems installing Sybperl module on Windows NT ...
Date: Oct 25 2002 4:36PM

Hi,

I have been getting the following errors installing Sybperl on my NT
machine:

C:\ola\unload\sybperl-2.15.tar\sybperl-2.15\DBlib>C:\OLA_DBA_STUFF\Nmake\nma
ke

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

cp DBlib.pm ..\blib\lib\Sybase\DBlib.pm
AutoSplitting ..\blib\lib\Sybase\DBlib.pm (..\blib\lib\auto\Sybase\DBlib)
        C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:\Perl\lib -IC:\Perl\lib
C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils/xs
ubpp -prototypes -typemap C:\Perl\lib\ExtUtils\typemap DBlib.xs > DBlib.xsc
&& C
:\Perl\bin\perl.exe -IC:\Perl\lib -IC:\Perl\lib -MExtUtils::Command -e mv
DBlib.
xsc DBlib.c
        cl -c -Ic:\Sybase1192\include -nologo -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG -DWIN32
-D_CONSOL
E -DNO_STRICT -DHAVE_DES_FCRYPT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT -DPERL_IMPLICIT_SYS
-DPE
RL_MSVCRT_READFIX -O1 -MD -DNDEBUG    -DVERSION=\"2.15\"
-DXS_VERSION=\"2.15\"
 -IC:\Perl\lib\CORE -DDBLIBVS=1000 -DSYBPLVER=\"2.15\" -DDO_TIE DBlib.c
The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
C:\ola\unload\sybperl-2.15.tar\sybperl-2.15\DBlib>C:\OLA_DBA_STUFF\Nmake\nma
ke install

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 1.50
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corp 1988-94. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'install'
Stop.

Consequently, when I try to run Perl scripts that require these modules I
get errors of the sort:

C:\OLA_DBA_STUFF\Perl Stuff>perl ola_sybperl_example.pl
Can't load 'C:\Perl\site\lib/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.dll' for module
Sybase::CTl
ib: load_file:The specified module could not be found at
C:\Perl\lib/DynaLoader.
pm line 206.
Compilation failed in require at ola_sybperl_example.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ola_sybperl_example.pl line 5.

Do I need to modify the "Makefile.PL" somwhat??? Can anyone help me out
please????? Thanks

Ola Omidiran
Sybase DBA
FIL - Technical Services (rdbms)
Fidelity Investments
( Internal      8 724 7757
( External      01737 837 757
E-mail : Ola.Omidiran@uk.fid-intl.com
Fidelity Investments International, Fidelity Investment Services Limited,
Fidelity Pensions Management and Financial Administration Services Limited
(a Fidelity Group company) are all regulated in the UK by the FSA and have
their registered offices at Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road,
Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9DZ. Tel 01732 361144. Fidelity only
gives information on products and does not give investment advice to private
clients based on individual circumstances. Any comments or statements made
are not necessarily those of Fidelity. The information transmitted is
contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you received this in
error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
All e-mails sent from or to Fidelity may be subject to our monitoring
procedures.