From: eric dot guerizec at bnpparibas dot com
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?R=E9f=2E_=3A_Re=3A_compilation_problem_on_hpux11i_with_gcc?=
Date: Oct 23 2002 4:29PM

Thanks Michael.
My Perl version is compiled with gcc 2.9 (Perl -V)
Or annother solution is to install the same gcc version which is isued with
Perl :)
But I'm going to install Perl 5.8 bundle and see what version is used.

Eric

Internet
mpeppler@peppler.org@list.cren.net - 23/10/2002 17:56

Veuillez répondre à SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

Envoyé par :      owner-SYBPERL-L@list.cren.net

Pour : SYBPERL-L

cc :

Objet :     Re: compilation problem on hpux11i with gcc

On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 08:33, eric.guerizec@bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Hello
>
> On HPUX 11i with Perl 5.6.1 bundle installed.
> I want to compile sybperl2.14. To do this, I installed gcc 3.2 because
Perl
> 5.6.1 is a gcc compiled version!
> But make failed with this error :
>
>         gcc -c -I/product/sybase/12.0/OCS-12_0/include
-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_HPUX_SOURCE -L/lib/pa1.1 -DUINT32_MAX_BROKEN
-mpa-risc-1-1 -fPIC
> -fno-strict-aliasing -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O    -DVERSION=\"2.14\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"2.14\"
-fPIC
> -I/opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/CORE -DCTLIBVS=100
-DSYBPLVER='"2.14"' -DDO_TIE CTlib.c
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
"/usr/local/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
directory
> In file included from
/opt/perl/lib/5.6.1/PA-RISC1.1-thread-multi/CORE/perl.h:713,
>                  from CTlib.xs:20:
> /usr/include/sys/socket.h:484: parse error before "sendfile"

This usually happens when the gcc version used to build sybperl is
different from the gcc version used to build perl.

I suggest that you rebuild perl with the gcc that you have installed.