From: "Jain, Mohit S" <mohit dot jain at gs dot com>
Subject: Sybase Question
Date: Jan 24 2002 9:06PM

Folks,

I have sybase question. Apologies as it is not Sybperl related. But I am
sure that the sybase Gurus will find my problem trivial and have a quick
solution maybe in Sybperl.

I am trying to pull data from a Sybase stored proc into a 32 bit windows
application.

The problem is the resultset that is generated by the stored proc has a
field with a binary(16) datatype.  Since this application does not have
support for binary datatypes it generates an error.

I need to run this stored proc and convert that value into a format that my
application will understand and store it. I would also need to reconvert it
back to binary format when I return some value back to the Sybase database.

I have tried "select convert(char(255), binary_field) from table_name"

This application has support for varchar, int, numeric, float, datetime
datatypes

Thanks

Mohit S. Jain