From: "Shaw, James" <James dot Shaw at ubsw dot com>
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Jan 23 2002 6:11PM

In reference to http://taku.cren.net:8080/reguser/archives/SYBPERL-L/log0110/msg00024.html (sorry, I just subscribed)
for the extraction of IMAGE fields more than 32768, I am also having the same problem, even after setting TEXTSIZE.

$dbh = new Sybase::CTlib 'user', 'pass', 'server'

$sql = <ct_options(CS_SET, CS_OPT_TEXTSIZE, 2000000, CS_INT_TYPE);
$dbh->ct_execute($sql);

$textBind = 0; # If false, doesn't bind TEXT/IMAGE columns.
$text = "";

while(($rc = $dbh->ct_results($restype, $textBind)) == CS_SUCCEED) {
        next unless $dbh->ct_fetchable($restype);
        while(@row = $dbh->ct_fetch) {
                foreach $col (@row) {
                        print "Col (length) = " . length($col) . "\n";
                }
                if (!($textBind)) {
                        do {
                                ($ret, $data) = $dbh->ct_get_data(2);
                                print "Data (length) = " . length($data) . "\n";
                                $text .= $data;
                        } until ($ret == CS_END_DATA);
                        print "Total (length) = " . length($text) . "\n";

Results are ->

Data (length) = 32768
Total (length) = 32768

Have also tried setting textsize in the sql (set textsize 2000000) - but that makes no difference.

If I set $textBind to 1, I can extract 65536 characters but no more.

Any help or directions greatly appreciated.

Regards

James

related financial instruments.