From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: problem with the script
Date: Jan 8 2002 3:45PM

Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS) writes:
 > I am having a problem with one of my script. It is printing only part of the
 > html statements and not all of them. Can anyone point out the problem here.
 > Thanks

First, Ashu is right that this list is primarily for perl<->sybase
related problems. Yours is a completely different issue (although
admittedly you are trying to build some sort of Sybase monitor if I
read your code correctly).

However:

 > #!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe
 >
 > require('cgi-lib.pl');
 > push (@INC,'/cgi-bin');
 >
 > &ReadParse;

Don't use cgi-lib.pl - it's completely outdated.

Instead use:

use CGI;
my $query = new CGI;
print $query->header;

see perldoc CGI for details.

Directory :      So what that means is that the opendir() call fails. Your die() call should include the $! variable, which will print the system error that caused the opendir() to fail. My bet is that it's a permission problem - that the user running the webserver doesn't have read access to the directory. I don't know how that works on Win32 systems, though. Michael -- Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler mpeppler@peppler.org - mpeppler@mbay.net International Sybase User Group - http://www.isug.com