From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybase-Simple vs DBD::Sybase
Date: Sep 13 2001 8:09PM

Heinz Ringlhofer writes:
 > I assumed, this :-)
 >
 > Thanks a lot ...
 >
 > but to go a litle bit into detail ...
 >
 > If the user fetches arrays of rows in a single call this gets memory bound.
 > Thats a problem on very large tables and very (you know what i mean)
 > users ...

Right - that could be a problem. I think that a valid modification of
Sybase::Simple would be the addition of a default "max row" value (to
avoid exhausting memory). Also, as you probably know, Sybase::Simple
has the HashIter() call that just returns an iterator for large
queries.

In any case Sybase::Simple is due for a new release, I think.

Michael