From: "Heinz Ringlhofer" <Heinz dot Ringlhofer at zamg dot ac dot at>
Subject: Sybase-Simple vs DBD::Sybase
Date: Sep 13 2001 3:02PM

Thanks to M. Peppler we are using Sybperl since years for our adminstrative
DB tasks.

Now we want to move these techniques also out to our end-users.
Most of them are using a mixture of csh/isql scripts for automated
routine tasks right now.

As perl seems a much better choice, and pure Sybperl programming
might be too nuch to ask, we have 2 choices, either Sybase_Simple
or DBD.

I know DBD is more DB independent, but thats not one of our main priorities,
the main priority is getting better and more standardized "production" code.

This will be a one way street, if we give them one they will never switch
to another (but you know that).

Opinions are very much welcome

H. Ringlhofer, ZAMG Austria