From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: anyway to access MS SQL 7 with sybperl
Date: Aug 31 2001 4:48PM

Lee, William (TIS, EAS) writes:
 > Group,
 > 	I remember someone asked this question before  but I never pay attention to it until now.  We have a MS SQL 7 runnnig on NT have to be accessed/replicated globally (too bad they did not choose
 > sybase).
 >
 > 	Is there anyway to access a MS SQL7 with sybperl ?  I know there was problem since MS changed  some stuff so Sybase DB Lib no longer with with MS SQL 7,    if I can access it with sybperl/UNIX
 > then I can use all UNIX tools such as cron .... etc to work with it.

Sybase's DBlibrary will work with MS-SQL 7 (but maybe not 2000), as
long as you don't call dbsetversion() with DBVERSION_100 (or higher).

For sybperl, you can specify -DMSSQL in the CONFIG file, and build
Sybase::DBlib with this feature turned off.

You can also use the FreeTDS libraries (www.freetds.org).