From: "Joglekar, Ashu [IT]" <ashu dot joglekar at ssmb dot com>
Subject: Sybase::DBLib EOL? and dbschema.pl
Date: Aug 23 2001 4:04PM

Hello,

I have two questions:

(1) My DBA's have been telling me that Sybase will end-of-life DBLib with
version
12.0 of Open Client. Given that there is a huge codebase out there that uses
the Sybase::DBlib module, has anyone tried to write a backwards compatible
wrapper that looks like Sybase::DBlib but calls Sybase::CTlib behind the
scenes?
Also, what sort of experience have people had migrating to Sybase::CTlib?
Any
recommendations, gotchas you would like to share?

(2)Several years back, I had upgraded Michael's original dbschema.pl to
System 10.
Is there a System 12 version now? Is there a merged Whitmarsh-Partridge
verion now?

Thanks
Ashutosh Joglekar
ashu.joglekar@ssmb.com