From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybase Open Client 12.5 and Sybperl
Date: Aug 8 2001 9:10PM

Ruth S. McNay writes:
 > Has anyone had any experience building Sybase open client 12.5 64 bit on a Sun
 > with perl 5.6.1 and higher and sybperl 2.13?
 >
 > My SA's are asking "me" how to do it.  They evidently are having some problems
 > with the 64 bit Open Client.

The first issue is to make sure that perl is built with the 64bit C
library.

Once that is done the rest should be *reasonably* simple - I've just
read the release bulletin for OCS 12.5 on Solaris 2.x, and there are
only a few things that are mentioned wrt 64bit. One is that for
DBlibrary you must specify -lsybdb64 instead of -lsybdb, which the
sybperl build does not do at the moment, so that may be one of the
problems.

If someone's got a 64bit Solaris 8 box running with OCS 12.5 and wants
to give me access to try to sort out these issues I'd be more than
happy to do so... :-)