From: "Wechsler, Steven" <steven dot wechsler at wsaccess dot com>
Subject: Any way to use Sybperl and MSSQL-Perl in the same script?
Date: Aug 3 2001 7:44PM

I need to pipe some data from Sybase into SQL server 7.0. Currently I do it
using Sybase & MSSQL BCP.EXE.

The Sybase DBLibrary BCP API will not work with SQL Server 7.0 (Although it
works with 6.5). The libraries won't work together because they both use the
same subroutine and (likely) API names. Any way around this (yeah, I could
use fork and then IPC between the parent and child, but I'd like to avoid
that complexity)?

Barring that, anyone know of a library that has BCP and works with SQL
Server, *won't* conflict with Sybperl, and isn't much more complicated than
DB-Library (someone on the SQL Server 7.0 mailing list suggested using ADO
[I think that's what it was], but that's out of my league).

Steve

--
Steve Wechsler/Application Manager/Wall St. Access
Steven.Wechsler@wsaccess.com