From: "Brian Barnes" <brianb at i-tel dot com>
Subject: Fw: Sybperl install problems
Date: Aug 1 2001 7:30PM

In a nutshell I'm trying to install sybperl using freetds to connect to a MSSQL 2000 server.  During make test I receive the error "undefined symbol: dbsetmaxprocs".  I've also received other undefined symbol errors when trying other settings.

Version Numbers:
Red Hat Linux 7
Perl 5.005 (Reinstalled since Red Hat preinstalled v.5.6.0)
Sybase v.11.9.2
Sybperl v.2.13
Freetds v.0.51 (installed with version 7.0)

CONFIG settings:
DBLIBVS=400 (I've tried 1000 numerous times)
CTLIBVS=100
SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds (I've also tried using the Sybase directory @ /opt/sybase-11.9.2)
EMBED_SYBASE = 0
EMBED_SYBASE_USE_HOME = 0
EXTRA_LIBS=-linsck
EXTRA_DEFS=-DDO_TIE
LINKTYPE commented out for dynamic (tried static with other errors)

Environment:
SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=:/usr/local/freetds/lib

Any suggestions on getting Sybperl installed and working with Freetds?  Any help is appreciated.

Brian Barnes
Impact Telecommunications.