From: Brad_Ziegler at notes dot mdor dot state dot mn dot us
Subject: Open Client 12 and Sybperl
Date: Jul 25 2001 9:36PM

Perl 5.6.0;    Sybperl 2.13;   AIX 4.3.3;   IQ 12.4.3

I have tried Open Client 12 and the IQ version of Open Client 12 against
ASE 11.5.1 and ASIQ 12.4.3 with the same results:

Open Client Message:
Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (131)
Message String: ct_init(): network packet layer: internal net library
error: Attempt to load protocol driver failed
Sybase::CTlib initialize: ct_init() failed at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/aix/DynaLoader.pm line 219.
Compilation failed in require at iwldsq01.pl line 5.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at iwldsq01.pl line 5.

isql connects to both ASE and IQ using Open Client 12.

With Open Client 11.1, the Perl programs work, and the interfaces file is
the same (I linked them) as Open Client 12.

When I use dsedit under Open Client 12, it is able to locate the
libtcl.cfg.

Both $SYBASE and $SYBASE_OCS are set correctly

Is there anything else that I need to set that isn't listed above?  With
isql working with both environments (ASE & IQ), it leads me to believe that
something might have been missed on the Sybperl module build.  Anybody have
any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Thanks,
Brad