From: "Joglekar, Ashu [IT]" <ashu dot joglekar at ssmb dot com>
Subject: RE: Replication Server
Date: Jul 23 2001 12:58PM

A couple of suggestions:

(a) Use the heartbeat facility built into repserver
as well as the replication server monitor (RSM), if all you want to do is
make
sure all of your processes are alive

(b) Write a script that will check the rowcount for all replicated
tables on a given DBSERVER/DATABASE/RepServer --- I can't post my script
(sigh)
but the logic is:

>From the Primary RepServer's RSSD, find out which tables are being
replicated
from the dbserver/database you care about, find out which destination
server/db
they are being replicated to. Then, loop over all of these guys and do a
non-intrusive rowcount (e.g. select rowcnt(doampg, etc.) on the primary
and destination servers. Print diagnostics as you go along.

This worked really well in my environment (one primary, two destinations,
10 replicated databases - some OLTP, some DSS and about 500 replicated
tables).

Hope this helps,
Ashu