From: "Ruth S dot McNay" <ruthmcnay at aol dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybperl and Sybase IQ
Date: Jul 18 2001 9:55PM

I have successfully connect to asiq with isql and sqsh.

I had to start the server with the following command:

start_asiq @$ASDIR/msisIQ/msisIQ.cfg msisIQ.db -n msisIQ

And I had to make the following entry into the interfaces file.
The name use for the -n is the SERVER name that you use for -S...

interfaces
msisIQ
        master tcp ether unixhost 2638
        query tcp ether  unixhost 2638

Ruth

Michael Peppler wrote:

> Brad_Ziegler@notes.mdor.state.mn.us writes:
>  > Anybody get Sybperl working with Sybase IQ 12.4.3 yet?
>  > Environment:  AIX 4.3.3, IQ 12.4.3.
>
>  > When I try to run an existing program, I get the following:
>  > Server message:
>  > Message number: 911, Severity 16, State 0, Line 0
>  > Message String: ASA Error -83: Specified database not found
>  > Open Client Message:
>  > Message number: LAYER = (4) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (4) NUMBER = (44)
>  > Message String: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error: The
>  > attempt to connect to the server failed.
>
> Try to connect with isql first.
>
> The issue is likely to be that ASIQ doesn't speak TDS the same way
> that other Sybase tools do...
>
> If you can get isql to connect, then there is hope that sybperl and
> DBD::Sybase will work too.
>
> Michael
> --
> Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
> mpeppler@peppler.org - mpeppler@mbay.net
> International Sybase User Group - http://www.isug.com

Ruth S. McNay                   Phone:520-514-3408
AOL Tucson Development Center                   Fax:  520-514-3194
5401 East Williams Blvd.
Tucson, Arizona 85711

Senior Database Administrator           RuthMcNay@aol.com
Database Administration & Development/MS Technology Development