From: "Arne Claassen" <arne at mp3 dot com>
Subject: Date formats and Sybase
Date: Jul 9 2001 9:56PM

Ok, this may be a newbie, rtfm sort of question, but every time i look up
the answer in the Sybase docs, i fail to believe it. Am i missing something
or is Sybase's date display format conversion about the most limited of any
DB? More to the point, unless i'm missing something there does not seem to
be a way to get the dates out in any format that will give date and time in
a 24 hour numerical only format, unless i do something like:

    convert(char(10), date_field, 111) + " " + convert(char(8), date_field,
108)

Please, somebody tell me that I'm overlooking some obvious additional date
types or other way to get dates out of the DB.

thanks,

arne