Up Prev Next
From: "Sai N" <sainarasimhan at rediffmail dot com>
Subject: Help witb BCP
Date: Jul 5 2001 6:12PM
Dear Sybperl gurus,
I have Perl 5.6 running on NT and am using Sybperl 2.13. My Sybase version is 12.0 installed on my very own machine.
I have compiled and installed sybperl and am trying to use its BCP facility from within Perl.
What is happening is the following:
1) I get a slew of DB Library warnings as follows:
"DB-Library error: Attempt to bulk-copy an oversized row to the SQL Server."
2) I check the database and see that all the rows have actually been inserted.
3) I ran in debug mode and put in a call back and noticed that all of the rows have a in them at the end. (I used the default RECORD_SEPARATOR)
4) Thinking that I was an ass for not having remembered that I am on an NT box, I changed the RECORD_SEPARATOR = '\r\n'.
5) Now I got the following error: "More columns passed to bcp_sendrow than were allocated with bcp_meminit at d:/Pe
rl/site/lib/Sybase/BCP.pm line 512, chunk 1."
So please help me gurus. What am I doing wrong? I would prefer to load without any spurious errors.
Buy Feng Shui Package for Rs. 151/- only, at http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/fengshui_mailer.htm