From: Peter dot Collard at barclayscapital dot com
Subject: RE: dbi and bulk insert
Date: Jun 27 2001 9:42AM

The main argument for implementing a bulk insert module is that bcp only
takes data from files.

With large amounts of data (3gb) needing transposition before bcp'ing, I
found that the I/O costs were quite high as the data had to be 1)read
2)written 3)read and 4)sent to ASE, which even with careful disk placement
took some time (20 mins for steps 1& 2) and added complexity to the error
handling,control and reporting.

Regards
Peter Collard
Sybase DBA