From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: dbi and bulk insert
Date: Jun 25 2001 4:54PM

Stephen.Sprague@morganstanley.com writes:
 > Do you know of any plans to augment DBI with a 'bulk insert' mechansism?
 > I would think this would fall under this module, no?

I've not heard of any plans for any bulk insert mechanism in DBI. I
could add something for the DBD::Sybase module specifically (i.e. in a
non-portable way), but I've found that doing BCP style operations in
perl is mostly a waste of time, and there are usually ways of
achieving the same results by combining perl and Sybase's bcp utility.

However, my opinion could be changed by a good argument :-)

Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler@peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler@mbay.net
*Looking for new project to tackle starting 8/1/01*