From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Open client error
Date: Jun 21 2001 1:54PM

Henderson, Hilton (Consultant) writes:
 > We've upgraded from Sybase from 11.5.1 to 12.0,  perl from 5.003 to 5.6.0,
 > and sybperl from 1.7 to 2.13.  Although we are getting the results from our
 > scripts we want, we're also getting the following error.  Any ideas as to
 > what is causing this?
 >
 > Open Client Message:
 > Message number: LAYER = (1) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (1) NUMBER = (159)
 > Message String: ct_cmd_drop(): user api layer: external error: This routine
 > can be called only if the command structure is idle.

Hmmm.... at what point of the script are you getting that error?
I remember seeing that error sometimes when a script exits without
processing all of the result sets of a query...

Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler@peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler@mbay.net
*Looking for new project to tackle starting 8/1/01*