From: "Patrick S dot Leung" <pleung at easygroup dot com>
Subject: Re: client api layer error
Date: Jun 6 2001 5:33PM

Thanks Michael,

The exact same perl scripts works with any other sybase (on linux) db I
have except for one particular sybase ase on linux.  I understand what
you said about the fetch data, and for the sake of completness, here the
entire code fragment:

$query="SELECT id FROM table_one";

$X->ct_execute($query);

while(($rc = $X->ct_results($restype)) == CS_SUCCEED) {
        next if($restype == CS_CMD_DONE || $restype == CS_CMD_FAIL ||
                $restype == CS_CMD_SUCCEED);
        while(@dat = $X->ct_fetch) {
                        if($dat[0] eq "") {
                                last;
                        }
                push @dat_dist, @dat;
        $rowcount++;

/* some perl code here to process the data */

$query="SELECT id2 FROM table_two";

$X->ct_execute($query);

while(($rc = $X->ct_results($restype)) == CS_SUCCEED) {
        next if($restype == CS_CMD_DONE || $restype == CS_CMD_FAIL ||
                $restype == CS_CMD_SUCCEED);
        while(@dat = $X->ct_fetch) {
                        if($dat[0] eq "") {
                                last;
                        }
                push @dat_dist, @dat;
        $rowcount++;

repeat for more queries.

What I don't understand is that the script runs file against more of my
recently installed Sybase ASE, but failed on this particular Sybase
which is installed with probably the earlier release.

Almost without a doubt I am using more and more Sybase::Simple for quick
development.

Rgds, Patrick