From: "WILLETT, Mike, FM" <Mike dot Willett at rbos dot com>
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Apr 6 2001 12:41PM

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Perl core dumping when accessing
data comming back from a ct_fetch(). The problem seems to
occur when the UseNumeric attribute is set to 1.

The core dumping is eratic and moves as debugging messages are
inserted so is difficult to find.

Basically the code looks like this (I've extracted what I think
are relevent lines)

while ($dat = $db->ct_fetch(0,1))
{
	push (@data, [ @$dat ]);
}
push (@adata, \@data);

The code is widely used and will be hard to get rid of the UseNumeric.

Does anyone have any advice ?

Mike

Versions
--------
Perl 5.0 patchlevel 5 subversion 3
CTlib v1.30
Sybase 11.9.2

P.S. Have sent this to the sybperl-l mailing list - never used this
before so apologies if this is the incorrect arena.

      Visit our Internet site at http://www.rbsmarkets.com