From: jmcallister at dtint dot com
Subject: Re: crontab env question
Date: Mar 27 2001 4:37PM

I always include this code in a BEGIN block.

BEGIN {
     # If it's not defined, set the SYBASE environment variable to the
     # sybase user's home or /usr/local/sybase (in that order).
     #
     my($home) = (getpwnam('sybase'))[7];
     $ENV{SYBASE} = $home ? $home : '/usr/local/sybase' unless
$ENV{SYBASE};
}
use Sybase::CTlib;

There's also a way to compile the CTlib module with a backup value of
SYBASE hard coded. In other words, the default value if not already defined
in the environment.

James McAllister
Digital Technology Int'l

                    "Cox, Mark"
                             To:     SybPerl Discussion List
                    Sent by:                   cc:
                    owner-SYBPERL-L@lis        Subject:     crontab env question
                    t.cren.net

                    03/27/01 08:07 AM
                    Please respond to
                    SYBPERL-L

Hopefully a simple question but a little off topic:

CT-Lib runs great from the command line but when I try to run a job using
crontab I get an error like this:

Can't load
'/bifeed/tools/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/CTlib/CTlib.so'
for module Sybase::CTlib: ld.so.1: /bifeed/tools/bin/perl: fatal: libct.so:
open failed: No such file or directory at
/bifeed/tools/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404/DynaLoader.pm line 166.

 at /cifeed/perl/read_cfmt_compass.pl line 36
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /cifeed/perl/read_cfmt_compass.pl line
36.

I realize that it is the enviromental variables not getting set but I have
them set in my .cshc file.  Where do I need to set the variables for
crontab
to pick them up or am I force to set them in a script before I run each
program?

Thanks for any help

Mark