From: Gary Chen <f2ind at yahoo dot com>
Subject: Re: How To Send String in UTF-8 Format to Sybase
Date: Mar 9 2001 9:52PM

Do you mean to change to:
	{CON_PROPS => {
	CS_HOSTNAME => 'test.db',
	CS_SYB_CHARSET => 'utf8' }};

But this didn't work either.

The STP parameter is defined varbinary(40); when I
sent the parameter string in ASCII/UTF-8 encodeing, it
worked.  But when I sent the parameter string which
contains accented character (e.g. "") then it doesn't
work.   The stp in Sybase does the following:

select @foundArea=NULL
select @foundArea=id from area where id=@id
if @foundArea is NULL
return 1

I always get the retcode = 1.

Do I need to do something special on the Sybase side?

Thanks again for your help.

-Gary