From: Jamie Belanger <jamie_belanger at globalcrossing dot com>
Subject: RE: problems with make
Date: Mar 5 2001 10:08PM

>Various problems here. First I suspect that the copy of perl was built
>with HPs unbundled compiler, whereas the compiler on the system is the
>bundled k&r C compiler. I suggest installing gcc and then rebuilding
>both perl and sybperl.

I'm not sure what compiler was used for my perl executable. I downloaded a
precompiled binary for HPUX 10.20 at the HP-UX Porting and Archive Centre:

http://hpux.connect.org.uk/
(http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Languages/perl-5.6.0/)

The box with the make issues probably doesn't have anything other than the
k&r compiler on it, so it's very possible that that is part of the problem.

>Second - the Sybase include and lib directories are needed. If this is
>a 12.x installation then OpenClient is installed in
>$SYBASE/OCS_12/. Recent versions of sybperl should be able to find
>this (though I think they rely on the SYBASE_OCS environment variable
>being set for this to work correctly.)
>
>If you have an 11.x server then OpenClient *should* be in
>$SYBASE/include and $SYBASE/lib.

It is an 11.x server... the $SYBASE/lib directory exists, but
$SYBASE/include is absent. Is there a problem with just copying the
$SYBASE/include directory over from another server?

Jamie Belanger