From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: DBD and compute core dumps
Date: Feb 20 2001 6:38PM

John Gilmore-Baldwin writes:
 > It appears I cannot.
 >
 > I am running this on a Solaris 7 machine.  I can't get sqsh-1.7 to do
 > anything but core dump. (OK, it returns a separator line before core
 > dumping.)

If sqsh core dumps then it's likely that the bug is in FreeTDS. Have
you checked on the freetds mailing list?

 > I'll try on a couple of other platforms with freetds to see if it's
 > Solaris, Solaris 7, or just all the fault of freetds.

I suspect FreeTDS because it's just another result set. However with
compute columns you get result sets of different widths (i.e. number
of columns) intermixed, and it's quite possible that FreeTDS doesn't
correctly account for that...

Michael