From: Chi Huang <chuang at fremont dot hpl dot hp dot com>
Subject: Re: Sybperl installation problem
Date: Dec 18 2001 6:41PM

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I followed your recommendation, but I don't
know too much about this linking stuff. I am enclosing the output of
chatr. Hope you can make some sense out of it, and a way to fix it.
Thanks again.

Regards,

Chi Huang

----------------BEGIN------------------------------

$ chatr blib/arch/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.sl
blib/arch/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.sl:
         shared library
         shared library dynamic path search:
             SHLIB_PATH     disabled  second
             embedded path  disabled  first  Not Defined
         shared library list:
             dynamic   /home/sybase1200/OCS-12_0/lib/libinsck.sl
             dynamic   /home/sybase1200/OCS-12_0/lib/libsybdb.sl
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libm.2
         shared vtable support disabled
         static branch prediction disabled
         executable from stack: D (default)
         kernel assisted branch prediction enabled
         lazy swap allocation disabled
         text segment locking disabled
         data segment locking disabled
         third quadrant private data space disabled
         fourth quadrant private data space disabled
         data page size: D (default)
         instruction page size: D (default)

$ chatr /usr/local/bin/perl
chatr(warning): dl_header_ext.size != sizeof(dl_header_ext). Please update your version of the linker.
/usr/local/bin/perl:
         shared executable
         shared library dynamic path search:
             SHLIB_PATH     enabled   first
             embedded path  enabled   second /opt/perl5.6.0/lib/5.6.0/PA-RISCportable/CORE
         shared library list:
             dynamic   /usr/local/src/perl-5.6.0/libperl.sl
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libnsl_s.1
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libdbm.1
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libdld.1
             dynamic   /usr/lib/libc.1