From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Sybperl installation problem
Date: Dec 18 2001 7:12PM

Chi Huang writes:

 > Hi Michael,
 >
 > I am trying to install sybperl-2.14 on the following system:
 >
 > SYBASE: ASE 12.0
 > OS: HP-UX 11.0
 > Perl version: perl 5.6.0.
 >
 > I got the "perl Makefile.PL" and "make" to work, but "make test" failed.
 > I am enclosing the message from make and make test. Hope you can help
 > me to fix this.

 >  qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
 > t/bcp.............../usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: _DINFINITY (data)  from
 >  /home/sybase1200/OCS-12_0/lib/libsybdb.sl
 > Can't load '../blib/arch/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.sl' for module Sybase::DBlib:

I seem to remember someone else having a similar problem recently, and
that the problem was that the version of perl that was running was not
linked with the same version of libm (or something like that).

Try a chatr on your perl binary, and a chatr on DBlib.sl and see if
they want to load the same libm.