From: "Sai N" <sainarasimhan at rediffmail dot com>
Subject: Re: Win32 - Unable to make Sybperl - is this the right place?
Date: Dec 18 2001 4:38PM

Bad form to reply to my own mail - but Michael solved the problem immediately. There appears to be a library missing in the call to make CTLib

Here is the information in Michael's own words:

In CTlib/Makefile.PL you need to add -llibblk to the link for MSWin32
machines, like so:

# Extra flags to pass to CPP
if($^O eq 'MSWin32') {
   $inc_string = "-I$SYBASE\\include";
   $def_string = "-DCTLIBVS=$CTLIBVS -DSYBPLVER=\\\"$VERSION\\\" $$sattr{EXTRA_DEFS}";
   if($$sattr{BORLAND_LIBS}) {
    $lib_string = "-L$SYBASE\\blib -llibcs -llibct -llibcomn -llibblk";
   } else {
    $lib_string = "-L$SYBASE\\lib -llibcs -llibct -llibcomn -libblk";
   }
} else {

Run perl Makefile.PL again, and then make and we'll see if that fixes
the problems.

Michael