From: Ranko Popovic <rankop at gemini dot newsconnect dot com dot au>
Subject: Re: Problem with make on Solaris for sybperl
Date: Dec 14 2001 1:13AM

>From: "Sabherwal, Balvinder (MBS)"
>To: SybPerl Discussion List
>Subject: Problem with make on Solaris for sybperl
>Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:51:40 -0500
>
>Hi guy's
>
>I am trying to make the sybperl on a solaris box.
>
>Makefile.PL executed without any errors and when I run make I am getting the
>error as below
>
>$ make
>make: Warning: Can't find `make.rules': No such file or directory
>sh: all: not found
>*** Error code 1
>make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'
>
>Any ideas as whats wrong??

Is there a /usr/share/lib/make/make.rules on you system?
What's the output of 'which make'?
What does 'make -dd | head -10' say?

Ranko Popovic
Principal Engineer
News Connect Pty Ltd

#exclude
#include
/* Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of News
Connect. */