From: abe dot crabtree at citicorp dot com
Subject: Re: Why doesn't error_handler get called if errors occur inside a s tored procedure?
Date: Dec 7 2001 3:54PM

PRINT results in a Server Message of severity 10 (information,) so you have to
have a message handler.

It isn't immediately obvious that they are messages, because one is used to
isql simply printing them, whereas the messages we see reported with numbers,
severities, procedure name and text are deliberately reported more extensively
by isql (which is after all just a database client.)

So typically your message handler would just display the message text for a
severity 10 or less, and do real error handling for anything worse.

Regards

Abe Crabtree