From: Roleigh Martin <rol at uhc dot com>
Subject: Re: what is the Perl DBI (for Sybase) equiv. to Sybperl DBROWS cmd?
Date: Dec 7 2001 2:38PM

Thanks Michael!

Here is what I did since your email - I created a kornshell job to convert
the docs to PDF and I FTPed them to my windows computer and created icons
pointing at them so I can bring them up with Adobe Acrobat reader.

The two files are these sizes:

  17732 Dec 06 17:21 DBD_SYBASE.pdf
  66492 Dec 06 17:23 DBI.pdf

if you don't object I can post them to the list -- but I won't until hearing
from you first.  I don't know what the list rules are for attachments.

Here is how I converted them to pdf though (we have Unix adobe acrobat 3.0
installed on our AIX box):

cat perlhelp.ksh

#!/bin/ksh
cd
cd doc
echo perldoc DBD::Sybase
perldoc -t DBD::Sybase > DBD_SYBASE.txt
portrait10_pdf DBD_SYBASE
echo perldoc DBI
perldoc -t DBI > DBI.txt
portrait10_pdf DBI

cat portrait10_pdf

#!/bin/ksh

export FN=`echo $1 | cut -f 1 -d
.`
enscript -p - -B -fCourier10 $FN.txt | distill -compresstext on -asciipdf
off > ${FN}.pdf
if [ -s ${FN}.pdf
]

then

    rm
$FN.txt

else

    echo portrait10_pdf script failed for some flukey reason -- check it
out for ${FN}.txt and ${FN}.pdf
fi

if [ $# -gt 1 ];
then