From: Roleigh Martin <rol at uhc dot com>
Subject: Re: what is the Perl DBI (for Sybase) equiv. to Sybperl DBROWS cmd?
Date: Dec 6 2001 9:32PM

Two small questions -- we have some old perl 4/sybperl programs that we are
converting to perl 5.6/with perl DBI for sybase.

One question raised was -- what is the equivalent PERL DBI way to code
(convert)
use of the old Sybperl DBROWS command especially for when used against the
results of a select command.  DBROWS would return basically TRUE or FALSE if
rows were returned from a select command without having to read through the
rows if you chosed not to.

Second question, where does the Perl DBD/DBI documentation get installed on a
unix box typically -- we've been doing our coding of perl dbi just straight
from
the oreilly perl dbi book and we're curious if the latest version of perl
dbd/dbi
has more commands or better documentation on various perl dbi/dbd commands.
A pointer to a directory name on your box will do just fine (no need to provide
box name or usercode).

last, is there a freeware windows program to view perl pod files?  I downloaded
the trial version of optiperl which is supposed to contain a perl pod
viewer but
when I pulled up a pod file it was no different than a plain editor pulling
it up.
pointers to any freeware appreciated.

thanks!

Roleigh Martin