From: Lin Xiujian <xlin at hsbc dot co dot jp>
Subject: Re: Open Client Error
Date: Nov 27 2001 6:38PM

Michael,

The problem doesn't ever ocur since moving the machine from 10Mbps network
to 100Mbps.
Thank you very much for your advice.

Lin

At 07:54 AM 2001/10/23 -0700, you wrote:
>Lin Xiujian writes:
> > A sybperl application sometimes encountered the following errors. The
> > problem doesn't recur all the time. We are running the application on
> > Redhat7.1 with Sbyperl 2.13, sybase-openclient-11.1.1 connecting to
ASE11.5
> > on NT.
> > Could anyone please advise what the cause could be?
>
> > Open Client Message:
> > Message number: LAYER = (5) ORIGIN = (3) SEVERITY = (5) NUMBER = (6)
> > Message String: ct_results():network packet layer:internal net library
> > error: net-lib protocol driver call to read data failed
> > Operating System Error: Socket recv failed - errno 110
>
>It looks like a network error (i.e. that the network connection fails
>for some reason). Looking at /usr/include/asm/errno.h I see that errno
>110 is ETIMEDOUT, which means that there was no response from the
>server within the time allocated by the socket interface. I'm not sure
>what the default timeout is in this case. I think you need to look at
>your network settings on the linux box, and possibly see if you can
>speed up the network requests.
>
>Michael
>--
>Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
>mpeppler@peppler.org - mpeppler@mbay.net
>International Sybase User Group - http://www.isug.com

>"This message originated from the Internet. Its originator may or
>may not be who they claim to be and the information contained in
>the message and any attachments may or may not be accurate."

This message, issued by HSBC Securities (Japan) Limited, Tokyo branch ("HSBC")
and any attachments are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail address to
which it was addressed and may also be privileged.
Unless otherwise stated, this transmission is neither an offer nor the solicitation
of an offer to sell or purchase any investment. Any opinion contained in this message
is that of the author.
Each page attached hereto must be read in conjunction with any disclaimer which
forms part of it.
Neither HSBC nor the sender accept liability for any error or omission in the context
of this message which arises as a result of Internet transmission or communications
breakdown.
If you are not the addressee, you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part
of this message or attachment. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your system.
HSBC reserves the right to monitor e-mail sent through its networks.(7/00)