From: David Owen <dowen at midsomer dot org>
Subject: ANN: dbschema.pl 2.2.3 released
Date: Nov 24 2001 10:41AM

that has been posted to comp.databases.sybase,sybase.public.ase.general as well.

I have just put a new release of dbschema.pl up on my ftp site.  You can
download a copy from

    ftp://ftp.midsomer.org/pub/dbschema.tgz
or
    ftp://ftp.midsomer.org/pub/dbschema.zip

There are quite a few changes with this release.  A few to with new
features for 12 and 12.5, some dealing with older issues, such as the intn
datatype that.  The CHANGES file has far more detail.

For those that do not know, dbschema.pl is a DDL extraction and migration
support tool for Sybase ASE databases.  The tool provides more ways of
slicing and dicing a database schema than you can shake a stick at.

Also included, new for this release, is a file called xearth.map.  In this
are the names and locations of people who have admitted to using
dbschema.pl.  There are not too many at the moment, just the last couple
that sent me email that I remember to get the locations from.  Anyway, I
saw this with one of Richard Stallman's projects and liked the idea so much
I have stolen it.  You can use the file with xearth, or one of its
derivatives, and see where in the world the people live that use
dbschema.pl.  I thought that it would be a bit of fun!  So, send me your
name and either a latitude and longitude, if you know it, or the name of
reasonably large town or city near you and I will add you to the file!

Enjoy!

dowen
--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen@midsomer.org