From: Tina Messmann <tina dot messmann at xinux dot de>
Subject: next prob: Segmentation Fault
Date: Nov 22 2001 2:19PM

Hello All,

after finally installing freetds and DBlib, i can not run client apps
(like sqsh) or scripts, who are trying to connect to the desired server.
The error message is: Segmentation fault
Strangely: i can succesfully connect to the server named JDBC, that is
in the freetds interface file as an example inserted.
I found a hint, that the seg fault has something to do with the
locales.dat and the variables LANG / LCC_ALL. I followed the
Instructions but with no effect. I don't believe that my problem has to
do with the locales since i can successfully connect to the example
server from the freetds interface file?
Could this be a Problem on the Serverside?

/usr/local/freetds/interfaces (JDBC is the freetds example, when
connecting to SERVER the Seg Fault occurs):
JDBC
       query tcp 5.0 192.138.151.39 4444
       master tcp 5.0 192.138.151.39 4444

SERVER