From: Tina Messmann <tina dot messmann at xinux dot de>
Subject: problem bringing Sybase::DBlib to work
Date: Nov 21 2001 1:58PM

Hello All,

sorry if this is a stupid question, i am a beginner and just subscribed
to this list.
I try to create a very simple script to connect to a Sybase Server.
When inserting the line 'use Sybase::DBlib;' and invoking the script,
the following error occurs:

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.so:
undefined symbol: dbinit

I tried to use DBD::Sybase, but i get a similar error:

/usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i586-linux/auto/DBD/Sybase/Sybase.so:
undefined symbol: cs_ctx_alloc

The installation of both modules worked fine.
Am i missing something? What? Is there anywhere a FAQ from this list?

Regards
Tina