From: Ashley <ashley at infocomp dot com dot au>
Subject: problems using ct_param()
Date: Nov 21 2001 5:56AM

G'Day,

I was wondering if any one has used the ct_param() function call much , I am
trying to implement a simple cgi script to execute the stored procedure
sp_who with a users name.

$dbh->ct_command(CS_RPC_CMD, "sp_who", 6, CS_NO_RECOMPILE);
%parm = (name => '@loginame', datatype => CS_CHAR_TYPE, status =>
CS_INPUTVALUE, value => '$formdata{username}', indicator => CS_UNUSED);
$dbh->ct_param(\%param);
$dbh->ct_send();

and in the error log file on the web server I get the following error

Message number: LAYER = (1) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (1) NUMBER = (46)
Message String: ct_param(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value
of
0 was placed in the status field of the CS_DATAFMT structure.

Has any one seen any similar error messages to this???

thanks in advance for any help.

regards

Ashley Hitchcock
InfoComp Pty Ltd