From: "David LANDGREN" <dlandgre at bpinet dot com>
Subject: Re: Naming one's hostname for sp_who
Date: Oct 9 2001 4:37PM

|Or add this to DBlib.xs and call before making a connection:
|
|void
|DBSETLHOST(host)
|    char *    host
|CODE:
|{
|    DBSETLHOST(loginrec, host);
|}
|
|Put this around line 4540 of DBlib.xs (where you also have the
|definitions of DBSETLCHARSET, etc), rebuild, and then call with
|Sybase::DBlib::DBSETLHOST("my_host");

I had to s/loginrec/login/ to get it to compile (it seemed like the right
thing to do). I had version 2.12. At least I'm up to date with 2.13 now...
Anyway, I ran the following test

#! /usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use Sybase::DBlib;

my $db = Sybase::DBlib->new( shift, shift, 'ouessant', 'foo' );
Sybase::DBlib::DBSETLHOST( 'sybhost' );

sleep 60;
__END__

The connection shows up in sp_who, but the hostname column is still
reporting ouessant. Pity, it sounded like a good idea.

David