From: Matthew dot Persico at Lazard dot com
Subject: TEXT limit of 32768 from ct_fetch/ct_get_data?
Date: Oct 9 2001 4:10PM

One of my collegues is having the following problem. I joined this list to look
at the archives. I did not find anything related in the archives, but I might
have done a lousy search; I tend to use DBD and don't have any TEXT fields in my
apps so I may have just not put the right keywords in. If this is a RTFM, please
point me in the direction of the FM and I'll gladly R it. :-)

Could you help me to resolve the issue with retrieving data from the TEXT
column:

Using CTLib.pm package version 2.11

It appears that I cannot get TEXT column larger than 32,768 bytes.

The method i use is:
#################################
    $query = "select (column1, INT), (column2, TEXT) from Table ";
    $syb->ct_execute($query);
    my( $textcol ) = '';
    while($syb->ct_results($restype,0) == CS_SUCCEED) {
        next unless $syb->ct_fetchable($restype);
        while(@row = $syb->ct_fetch) {
            do {
            ($ret, $data) = $syb->ct_get_data(2,4000);
             print length($data) ."\n";
             $textcol .= $data;
            } until( $ret == CS_END_DATA);

In this case ct_get_data loops 9 times before exit, returning exactly 32,768
bytes total size

Also I tried executing ct_get_data without parameter 'size' - same 32,768 bytes
size returned

Thank you so much

- Mike