From: "David LANDGREN" <dlandgre at bpinet dot com>
Subject: Naming one's hostname for sp_who
Date: Oct 9 2001 10:24AM

Hello,

I have a number of old scripts kicking around on my server that I am loathe
to touch, however, I would like to be able to distinguish which one is
running when I do a sp_who.

All the scripts connect with

     my $db = new Sybase::DBlib $user, $passwd, 'ouessant', 'db_app';

i.e. the name of the server is 'ouessant' and that is what shows up in the
hostname column of an sp_who. On the other hand, I have a number of even
older shell scripts that bundle stuff up in calls to isql, but there you
can use a -H switch to enter whatever you like as a hostname. I have edited
these scripts to set the hostname to the name of the script. It works, and
it makes the sp_who output useful.

I am now trying to do the same for the scripts that use Sybase::DBlib, and
I can't see any easy way of doing it (like a sethostname method?) Is this
doable?

Thanks,
David