From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: RE: DBlib error
Date: Oct 5 2001 4:25PM

Peter ng writes:
 > Hi Tim,
 >
 > Thanks a billion for your suggestion. I have installed
 > a newer verion of perl(5.00502) on the Unix machine
 > running Solaris 2.5.1. Then the user got another error
 > like below.
 >
 > Can't load
 > '/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.so'
 > for module Sybase::DBlib: ld.so.1:
 > /usr/local/bin/perl5: fatal: relocation error: file
 > /opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/sun4-solaris/auto/Sybase/DBlib/DBlib.so:
 > symbol Perl_Xpv: referenced symbol not found at
 > /opt/perl5/lib/5.00502/sun4-solaris/DynaLoader.pm line
 > 168.

These symbols should normally be provided by the perl binary itself.

If they aren't it could be because the perl binary has been stripped
(i.e. the symbols have been removed), or because the perl binary that
gets executed is not the same that was used for building sybperl
(i.e. has a different configuration, and so does not have these
symbols.)