From: David Owen <dowen at midsomer dot org>
Subject: Re: Jobs...
Date: Oct 2 2001 5:18PM

My goodness, things must be getting bad in the US.  Does the contract work
have to be where you are or would London, England be an option?  I was
having to look at the possibility of going back to the UK for a spell to
look after an ill parent.  Luckily (in a good sense!), it was not
necessary, but when I was looking at the contract market there I found
quite a number of Sybperl contracts in the 600+ pounds per day bracket.
The bad news was that they are not interested in any form of teleworking
and want you to be within a certain distance of London (timewise).

Just a thought.

There is not a whole lot of work up here either.  I am not sure what I am
going to do when my current gig runs out.  I was thinking of putting my
name forward to ISUG as someone who was available to talk on
Sybperl/Sybpython.  However, I would not want to be stepping on your
toes.  Do you get asked to do such things?  I was also thinking of trying
to get together a presentation of TechWave next year.  I look at the way
that Rob Verschoor manages to market himself so well and feel that I should
be doing something similar!

dowen
--
David Owen     Midsomer Consultants Inc.      dowen@midsomer.org