From: Barth Steve Contr AFRL/IFED <Steve dot Barth at rl dot af dot mil>
Subject: Where does "-lperl" go?
Date: Oct 2 2001 2:29PM

	Hi. I am trying to install Sybperl 2.13 on Solaris 2.8 under perl
5.005_03. I am having a problem getting the configuration set up to generate
Makefiles that will work. I am using gcc 2.95.2. It seems like the perl
library needs to be linked in to generate the shared libraries - if I stick
an -lperl on the end of the line that is linking with gcc it seems to work
(with LD_LIBRARY_PATH set up correctly). But what configuration
option/parameter needs to be tweaked so that this will always be in the
Makefile as a result of running "perl Makefile.PL". Thanks for any help that
can be provided.

---
    - Steve Barth
      Northrop Grumman Information Technology