From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler at peppler dot org>
Subject: Re: Unable to make Syperl
Date: Jan 18 2001 7:44PM

Steven.McLurkin@Wellpoint.com writes:
 > I'm getting the following error when trying to make Sybperl on a HP-UX B.11.00
 > A 9000/88. Does anyone know what this error is and how to fix it?

 > -DSYBPLVER='"2.13"' -DDO_TIE CTlib.c
 > cc: constant(): error 6236: Out of memory. Check kernel maxdsiz parameter and
 > swap space configured. (6236)

Check your limit/ulimit values for total memory that is available to
your processes. Alternatively edit CTlib/Makefile and change the
optimization flags for the compiler (no - I don't know what the
correct value would be).

The constant() function is a gigantic switch() statement and some
compilers go through hoops trying to optimize it...

Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler@peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler@mbay.net