From: "Jeff Greif" <jgreif at befree dot com>
Subject: Re: single quotes and perl
Date: Jan 12 2001 5:37PM

single quotes and perlThis is not a Perl question, but an SQL question.  To include a single quote in a value of a char() or varchar() column of the database table, you construct an sql string exactly as the docs you cite say, that is:

insert people (name,age) values ('John O''Connor', 28)

This inserts a single-quote into the name field between O and C.

I've never tried it, but I presume the same must be true for values of columns of type text.

Jeff